Charlie Sheen is a very famous American Actor who was born in September 3, 1965. The real name of Charlie was Carlos Irwin Estevez. Actually, he already appeared from different films such as The Wraith, Scary Movie4, Platoon, Wall Street, Hot Shots! Part Deux, Scary Movie 3, and Major League. In the television series, he gained matchless popularity when he acted in the Anger Management and Spin City, and Two and A Half Men. In 2010, he was declared as the highest paid actor in television who earned about $1.8 million in each and every episode of television series Two and A Half Men.
Erratic Behavior and Changes of Charlie Sheen
Due to the popularity and great success that Charlie gained, his undertook continuous interviews through the web, TV, and even in the radio. He often says bizarre things that helped him gain comedic scripts for entire television series wherein he is always the actor. As the time went by, some media and people observed that there is something on him that makes him different on his former behavior. Because of this, they thought that Charlie Sheen is suffering from a psychological issue. Bipolar disorder is the psychological issue that he has. He was found out to have this issue due to the behavioral signs that he often showed.
Psychological Profile and Mental Illness
Many people know that he was a drug user and abuser. Aside from that, he also has several hints of narcissism which is a personality disorder. When he is often gives lots of time for his self, he doesn’t notice that he is not almost conscious on his behavior. He was diagnosed that he has bipolar disorder is due to the actions that he showed such as:
1. He often says that he is special and he will never be like the people around him.
2. He often has full energy that avoids him to sit still. There are times that he is looks like that he doesn’t have enough energy, but, he still have extreme energy.
3. He can immediately start to talk a certain topic before he goes to the following topic.
4. He always says with regards on fantastical topics like that he has ridden on a mercury surfboard and can’t he live in a pink cloud for the rest of his life.
5. He always has hyperactive and impulsive action when he is on Jimmy Fallon’s show.
6. He also show several moments like extreme irritability and absolute elation. This is caused by the drugs that he often take when he have a free time.
Patterns of Behavior
It is stated above the he also suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. The behavior that he showed below gave some psychologists a proof that he is really suffering from it.
1. He often needs extreme admiration.
2. Has high-flying sense of arrogance.
3. He also has fantasies on ideal love, unlimited success, brilliance, and power.
4. He shows haughty attitudes or behavior.
5. Lack of empathy.
Because of his condition, his family suggested him to undergo treatment in order to cure this condition. Charlie had taken continuous medication until his behavior became normal again.