Nowadays, most parents are deciding to separate with their children primarily when their job is too far from home. Parents do this because it is only for the future of their children and for the whole family. It is a great sacrifice to parents because even though it is hard to leave their children to their grandparents or some relatives, they just do it so that they will have the assurance that they can support their children’s education and provide everything they require. But, some parents don’t know that their children are experiencing separation anxiety especially when this situation happens in their case. This condition for children needs to give immediate medication to prevent it from getting worse.
In the early childhood stage, tantrums, clinginess, and crying are one of the children’s health reactions in separation. It is a fact that separation anxiety usually starts in the first birthday of the child. This might come out again when the child reaches the age of four. But, the timing and intensity level of it to the child can diverge enormously. There are several kids today who are experiencing separation anxiety even though their parents don’t leave them. These the children who are starting to go to school.
In order to cure this kind of condition that is typically experienced by most children today, the parents should follow some tips on how they can help their children overcome this condition. These tips in easing separation anxiety in children are truly significant because it allows the parents to give an immediate action while their children are not in a serious condition.
1. Make sure that your children eat healthy foods and they take vitamins. When your children are sick, don’t leave them. Instead, stay beside them and say that you are always there for them.
2. Always make sure that you will go home and see your children after your work. You can only do this through giving your children with continuous love primarily when you will leave them.
3. Give your children with positive thoughts and ideas, and prevent them from getting upset because this might cause them to have fear on you. Keep yourself calm while you are talking to your children.
4. Create a “goodbye rituals”. This kind of ritual supply steadiness in your children and this can give them the assurance that you will come back. You can do it by kissing and hugging them as well as by saying “I love you” to them before leaving.
5. Identify with your children’s feelings. Tell your children that it is also hard for you to leave but, give them the assurance that you will just go back home.
These steps in easing separation anxiety in children are made by the experts. That’s why you and other parents will have the assurance that all of these tips can give an impressive result. So, if you are planning to work, try to read and use these steps in easing separation anxiety in children so that your children will never acquire this problem.