Despair, sadness, gloominess, misery, hopelessness – these are the several terms often associated with the big word depression.
Speaking of depression, are you the kind of person who prefers to cope with it merely by yourself or are you someone who prefers to consult the doctor about your depression?
Well, either of the two is useful since both of them are coping mechanisms. However, coping with depression without meds is more advantageous.
It is understood that once you are born until you grow up, problems that might cause depressions are always along the way. The moment it will only stop is the moment when you are already died. But what makes them useful to your life is they become your stepping stones in order to become a more matured-person, emotionally and psychologically.
Ways To Handle Depression
1. Comfortable place. A good place where you can go and relax is the beach. Along its seashore, have some few walks under the morning light of the sun. The peaceful scenery of the sea will surely help you to feel comfortable
2. Exercise. Lots of people have already proven that executing an exercise is really an aid for coping with depressions. So instead of making yourself feel hopeless, try to execute some exercise.
3. Self growth. Know yourself such what you can do and what you can achieve. Of course, there are things which you can’t do. But do not focus on that, instead invest your time on the things that you can do and will definitely make you happy.
4. Having a talk with who is older than you. For sure learning ideas from someone who is older than you is an advantage. That person can share some of the meaningful insights about life, which you might find related to what you have been currently feeling.
4. Getting good sleep. Perhaps sleeping is one of the best remedies when you are depressed. It allows you to take a break from depression for a while.
5. Writing. Sometimes, the safest way to express your feelings is thru writing. When you do it, you can express all of the feelings you have without having fear that others might judge you just because they do not understand you.
6. Taking meditation. This remedy will allow you to think of the things which are very meaningful and add colour to your life- such as happy memories, achievements and attention you get from people surrounding you.
7. Participating in outdoor activities. Outdoor activities will give you the chance to focus yourself towards some things outside.
8. Participating in religious activities. Of all the remedies above, getting yourself acquainted with different religious activities is the best. It allows you to extend your hands towards other people; while at the same time, it allows you to get closer to God.