Have you ever heard of a situation that there’s a woman inside a man’s body or being and vice versa? The feeling of discontentment when it comes to gender or the sex assigned to a person at birth is called Gender Identity Disorder or other known as gender dysphoria in medical field.
There are many people these days that are experiencing this sort of disorder and that is caused by several factors. Can the affected person deal with it? Is there a cure? Or, they will just leave their feeling as it is? Here in this article, unfold the details and information about GID and learn some tips on how to cope up with this disorder.
What is Gender Dysphoria?
As mentioned above, Gender dysphoria can be also called as GID or gender indentity disorder. This is a formal diagnosis utilized by physicians and psychologists to describe a particular person who are experiencing a form of dysphoria or discontent with the gender or sex that assigned to them at birth including the roles that supposedly comes with the gender they have.
Based on further research and thorough study, this kind of disorder is not only psychological or behavioral in cause but there is clear evidence that a biological cause can be vividly shown as well. When they are still on the prenatal developmental stage there are problems or some issues in their genetic codes that probably occurred resulting to cause some effects on the make-up of their brains or exposure to the hormones.
Tips on How to Cope with Gender Dysphoria
According to experts and the people who are experiencing this issue, dealing with this is really tough; however, there are still ways that one can take in order to cope up with gender Dysphoria. Here are some of those ways:
1. Don’t lose hope – The first thing that you have to keep in mind is to grasp hope, don’t lose it. Remember that there are millions of other people all across the globe that are experiencing the same or have experienced how hard it is and look how successful they are now, isn’t right? Don’t forget that anything is possible.
2. Be yourself – Don’t fear in expressing yourself. Express anything you just want, there are no rule, there are no limit and take note of that. You can paint, sing, draw or dance; you can even shout or run. Try to look for an alternative to release those negative emotions of yours. That is highly vital because those negative emotions can hurt you not only physically but mentally as well.
3. Relax – you need to handle yourself out. Learn to take a deep breath when you have this feeling. Be patient when calming yourself as it can’t be achieved overnight. However, when you master to do this stuff, you will notice that you can be able to handle dysphoria in an easy manner as well.
4. Look for a reliable friend – There are people who can understand and accept you whoever and whatever you are. When you find this person, don’t hesitate to share them what you’ve got there inside of you. That way can help you a lot and they can also help you in releasing your emotions.
5. Get in front of the mirror – This may sound crazy to you but kidding aside, there’s no wrong if you will try to talk to yourself alone. This is a good way to release your negative emotions. Just make sure that no one will break into your room. If there is, just simply say that you are just trying to practice some acting and you’re copying the role of Snow White’s wicked step mother saying “mirror mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all?”